CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 11, 2013

It is Well With My Soul

Here is my card creation for the #2 challenge/study at Triple the Scraps.  If you haven't visited this blog, I really suggest that you pay Patter a visit...the inspiration, both creative and spiritual, that you sill find there is amazing. And why not come join us for a year-long Hymn and Scripture challenge? Challenges/studies are posted every 2 weeks, and you can join in at any time... the third has just been posted...

So albeit a little late, here is my card creation...

This challenge uses a hymn It is Well With My Soul. Again, another hymn I am not familiar with, but even before reading the in-depth post about the hymn, I had been swept up in the words of "How Great Thou Art", one of my Grandmother's favourite hymns.

In choosing the right image to use with this hymn, I knew it had to be a peaceful one. I pictured hills and streams, but found this image (I'm pretty sure it is a TLC digitisation, but will search my collection and attribute the correct designer).  I printed the (flipped) image on vellum, and coloured the back of it with Spetrum Noir markers. It is fixed with brads to the hymn layer, that I have left uncoloured.  The hymn is them matted with a green  Core'dinations vintage textured card. I fixed it to a white cardbase.

As well as linking this into the hosted challenge/study at #2 Hymn Scripture Challenge - Triple the Scraps (thank you Patter!) I am also linking this up at Word Art Wednesday #66.....thanks for peepin'!
  

7 cared to share!:

Jennifer said...

This is beautiful Polly! I love how you used the vellum and the hymn IS one of my favourites! Love the peaceful scene!

Karen Letchworth said...

Gorgeous hymn and gorgeous art, Pauline. Thanks for sharing in our challenge and have a blessed week in the Lord.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Nancy said...

One of my all-time favorite hymns! Your card is beautiful and does display a very peaceful setting! Thank you!...Nancy :o)

Unknown said...

Pauline,
This may be the sweetest project I have seen today.
Its beautiful.

It is such a pleasure for us, having you post your beautiful card at Word Art Wednesday. We know your time is valuable and yet you bless us with this wonderful artwork. Thank you!
Carole
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!
PS Patter has such a great site and this Hymn challenge is wonderful.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is Gorgeous! love your card and the image inked/colored onto the hymn!

Susan said...

such a serene take on the hymn. I really like how you layered the elements and the coloring on the back of the image. Lovely work for the hymn

Beccy said...

Fantastic idea Pauline, I love the sheet music over the image. Well done.
Cheers,
Beccy