CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 11, 2013

Lift High The Cross

In my wanderings around the blogworld, I found a wonderful blog ... Triple the Scraps (created by Patter Cross). I am blown away by the inspiration, both creative and spiritual, that she shares.  I poured over creations for a year-long Hymn and Scripture challenge held for 2012, and was thrilled to find another for 2013!

So I have decided to plunge into this challenge... a little late, but I'm now up to date with creations (thankfully they are fortnightly!) and I just have to share my blog posts!  I decided to join in this year-long journey by creating cards. So here I start...

The first challenge uses a hymn Lift High The Cross. I'm not familiar with it, but after reading the in-depth post about the hymn, I feel like I do!

I knew that I had the perfect image to use with this hymn, Inspirational Cross #1, by Stamp Art Design with Kathryne.  The image has been fussy cut (thank you Kathy for those beautiful cutting lines!) and I have coloured the flowers with markers, the cross outline in gold glitter pen. It is fixed with foam tape (for dimension) to the hymn layer, that I have chalked with pearly greens.  The hymn is them matted with green dotty paper, and Core'dinations vintage textured card. Finally, some green pearls were added to the unadorned corners of the image, and I added it to a white cardbase.

As well as linking this into the hosted challenge/study at #1 Hymn Scripture Challenge - Triple the Scraps (thank you Patter!) I am also linking this up at Word Art Wednesday #66.....thanks for peepin'!
  

5 cared to share!:

Nancy said...

Pauline!! I'm so excited that you're joining in the Challenge this year! This is my fourth year and it's such a blessing to participate! Your page is so beautiful and that lovely image is just right! I look forward to seeing your next page!...Nancy :o)

Jennifer said...

Polly, I'm so glad you are enjoying this challenge! Anything that brings your eyes to the Lord is wonderful to be apart of ! Love the words to this hymn!

Karen Letchworth said...

Thank you for sharing with us from your heart. It's always such a blessing to have you stop by and play along in our challenges, and I appreciate your taking the time to visit this week. Hope you're having a great week, and that God will bless you for sharing.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Your card says it all. I am also doing the hymn challange with Patter. We must keep her family in prayer as her daughter has receieved a horrible diagnosis, yet Patter pushes forward.
The tulips on the cross are beautiful. I did not know much about this hymn but like you I feel enriched.
It is such a pleasure for us, having you post your beautiful card/page at WAW. We know your time is valuable and yet you bless us with this wonderful artwork. Thank you!
Carole
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

Faye said...

We sing that hymn in our Methodist church. I love it for it is so inspiring. Just like the card you have made with the cross. this is beautiful.