CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Do You Glitter?

Here we are with our #3 challenge at For Fun Challenges in 2011... we challenge you to create with Anything that Glitters! I love glitter, and make no secret of it... but instead of actually using glitter, I used rhinestones, metallic threads, and sequins....


Ingredients: Cardstock - DCWV, Bazzill; Digi Image - MPS; Chalks - Pebbles Inc; Glaze Pens - Sakura; Lace; Rhinestones (all of 'em!) - Kaisercraft; Metallic Blue Thread - DMC; Paper Flower - Kaisercraft; Ribbon - Dotty Crafts; Strung Sequins

I coloured the Winter Goddess image with chalks, and her dress is coloured with Glaze pen. I lovethe retro feel of this image... After matting the image, I stitched over the snowflakes in the image, and created a neat border with long stitches.  The rhinestones were fixed over randrops in the image. I attached the image to the cardbase.  I cut a strip of blue card for the ribbon, then layered on irridescent white sequins, and attached it to the cardbase.  Finally I added the paper flower, and centred a giant pink rhinestone. I don't generally use a flash in the card photography, but this time I did, to ensure that the rhinestones would glitter!

I do hope you'll visit us at For Fun Challenges and see our DTs inspiration for the challenge ... and we'd love to see your creation! Thanks for peepin'!

0 cared to share!: