CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Born To Fly

This week, the challenge at Scrap It With A Song is #40 "Born To Fly".  I've never heard of the song before, but still, was inspired to create this page...

Ingredients: Paper - Kaisercraft; Card - Grant; Signo Pen; Button; Grey thread; Vellum Quote; Mini Brads - Inque Boutique; Organza Flower - Bella!

The photos were double matted, and the quote has a single mat. A 4 photo page is a uncommon creation for me!

This layout has a wee bit of journalling around the bottom left photo.... wait for it.... BY MY OWN HAND! My handwriting on a page is even more uncommon than a 4 photo layout! The journalling reads:

"I want it to rain so much... I will stay outside and dance and dance until it rains! I want it to Rain! December 2006 It hasn't rained since we moved in (September)."

A bit of background - Bec has always feared rain - until she changed her mind in a MASSIVE saturday rain, where she stood out in it for a very long time. I don't think I will ever know what changed her mind.  Now she loves it, and is out dancing in it at every opportunity.  When I took these photos in December 2006, we'd moved into our country house 3 months prior, and not had a drop of rain.  Well, we were in a dought! The centre photo shows her sign for "where is it, waiting".   I asked if she'd go out and do a rain dance, to make it rain.... and she did...   bless her.... it didn't rain for a very long time....

2 cared to share!:

sam said...

lovely! thanks for joinig us this week at Scrap it with a Song!

Karen Williams said...

Cute photos and a great story to scrap- it's good to write on your LOs it will be appreciated thanks for playing with Scrap it With a Song