CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Precious Like Jewels

I'm hosting the challenge at One Powerful Hour this week.....the theme I chose is "Precious Like Jewels".  How does the theme inspire you? I'm inspired by jewellery, the beauty in nature, and colour ..... perhaps a feeling? A Memory?

Ingredients I used in my card:  Photo Printed Vintage Image; Cardstock - Bazzill; Cream Lace - my local craft shop; Champagne Pearls - Kaisercraft; Rhinestones (Ruby Red, Champage) - Kaisercraft; Conrner Rounder.

When I found this image, it left me breathless.  I thought it was just stunning in it's simplicity, and full of emotion. I wondered what was going on in the picture - is she waiting for her lover? Breathless from an unrequited love?  I decided that since she was a stunningly beautiful woman, she needed some statement jewels to adorn her....  Then I found this beautiful quote:

The jeweler allows me to wear the sapphire blue lake on my finger, the emerald green leaves around my neck, and take the citrine sunset with me wherever I go. Jewelry has become my daytime link to nature in an office with no windows. And if I have to work late, there's nothing like diamond stars and a pearl full moon against an onyx night sky.
- Astrid Alauda, Office With No Windows

Remember our One Powerful Hour Challenge requires only that you work to the theme, and that your creation is finished within an hour..... so go create something beautiful ...something "Precious Like Jewels" ....

0 cared to share!: