CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

La Cage d'Tweet

Okay, I came up with the correct French for 'birdcage' but I thought La Cage d'Tweet sound better..... it reminded me of Le Cage aux Folles.... actually it reminded me of a fantastic bar I went to in Montreal, called Le Cage Aux Sportes ...... go figure, they had GREAT Mozarella Sticks! And 'The Bird Cage' (Robin Williams, Nathan Lane, Gene Hackman) is one of my favourite movies!

On to my creation....... I have used this sweet sweet image from StretchNBubbles, called Bird Cage..... I've loved it for ages, and only just got it, and I couldn't wait to use it's casual cheekiness against the formal cage and chandeliers of the Kaisercraft "Le Chateau" collection....

Ingredients: Cardstock - Bazzill, Crea8tiv; Deco Paper - Kaisercraft; Chalks - Pebbles Inc; Black Glaze Pen - Sakura; Silver Metallic Pen; Stardust Pens - Sakura; Ribbons - my local craft shop; Ice Blue Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; silver chain scrap.

I had this Kaisercraft paper, and knew it would be perfect for the Bird Cage image! So my colour palette was already chosen.  I chalked the image background hoping it would blend a little with the paper.  The Birdie and his swing are coloured with Stardust glitter pens.  The cage itself is coloured with Silver metallic, and with Black Glaze.  I edged the image with black pen before mounting it, to finish it's edge.  I simply layered the paper on the blue matt, and added two strips of ribbon.  I created the knot with a separate scrap that I tied on, to keep the ribbons flat.  After fixing those together, I added a tiny hole via the image to thread the chain through so it would be hidden, and fixed the chain at the back of the matt... the image was fixed with foam tape. This layer was fixed securely to the cardbase with foam tape, to add dimension, and to allow space for the chain..... it swings inside the fixture, making a sweet little tinkly noise....

I then added some bling to the birdcage with the rhinestones (couldn't wait for that!) and at the corners.  The image can be found at the SNB shop.....  thanks for peepin'!

0 cared to share!: