CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Flower Parade!

Flower Parade - that's the theme of the challenge at Michelle Perkett Studio this week.... your creation is to use your own  handmade flowers as well..... here's what I came up with for you!

Ingredients used: White Cardbase; Cardstock (for flower) - Bazzill; Deco papers - K & Co; Markers - SU!; Glaze Pens - Sakura; Baby Pink Pearls - Kaisercraft; Giant Rhinestone Brad, Mini Brads - unknown; Lace, Green Ribbon - local craft shop.

After colouring the image, I added glaze pen to the flowers and ribbon bow... also adding dots (already in the image).   I fixed the image to the DP layers with mini brads, then added the layers of lace and ribbon.  The handmade flower component was created with punched flowers - three of the same, the centre a lighter yellower (for some reason, the flower came out REALLY orange in the pic!)  To create 'stamens', I used the same image shape, but cut the petals shorter, then snipped into each petal, into three or more strips - leaving some, removing others.  I rolled the petals to lift them, and cruched the stamens after adding the brad. 

The image I used is "Put on Your Party Dress" and is available at the MPS Etsy shop.... and until Thursday midnight (PST - California time) there is a whopping 50% off all the images!  That's of the price, you're not buying half an image!

I hope you'll join in the MPS challenge with us this week.... it's so much fun to make flowers!

4 cared to share!:

Samantha Marshall said...

Gorgeous!!

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Hi Pauline... This is so beautiful. Great flower you made!!!!
Hugs
Marion

Michelle said...

Pauline, this is lovely!! I just love pinks and oranges together and you have colored my party dress images so beautifully and your flower is gorgeous!! Thank you for your amazing creativity and inspiration for our Flower Parade challenge, Pauline!!

Hugs,

Michelle

paper fun said...

Very pretty Pauline. Photos rarely do justice to our creations. I love your flowers. I like that you added a pearl necklace to the dress stand and added the dark pink dots. Very pretty.

Mari