CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sitting Bear

This is one of the cutest bears I've seen.  I love bears that sit.  Don't ask me why, I just do!  Thie image was provided for participants in the Designed 2 Delight Digital Stamps challenge this past week.  He reminds me so much of a bear I had when I was child! ANd he also looks like my brothers 'Mr Brown' too!

Ingredients used: Cardstock, Papers - Markers - Bic; Kaisercraft; Black Stardust Pen - Sakura; Chalks - Pebbles Inc; Paper Flowers - Green Tara; Mini Brads, Glazed Dot Button - Craft Affair; Burgundy Cord, Beads - unknown.

I coloured the image with markers, then added dark brown chalks when it was dry.  I also added Black Stardust (glitter pen) to his nose.  I created layers from a co-ordinating set, using some offcuts from another project to create the vertical ribbon strip.

To create the flower embellishment, I threaded cord through the glazed button, and added the beads, using simple knots to fix beads in place.  I fixed the button to the flower using foam tape pieces, allowing space for the cord, and set it aside.  After fixing the brads in place, I fixed the paper layer to the cardbase, then adhered the bear in place, flat, but used foam tape under his head.   The  flower embellishment was placed last, and ahered flat to the paper layer.

Thanks for peepin' ....

hugs and blessings,
Pauline

2 cared to share!:

Shawna said...

Fabulous use of this cute bear image. LOVE your flower creation!

Sherrie Conner said...

Beautiful Pauline! Love those papers and the beads! Awesome! Very unique! I can never think of embellishments like that! Looks perfect! :)
Thanks for joining us at D2d again this week!