CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Flat out at For Fun!

The challenge this week at For Fun Challenges, was to create a card using an image from The Stamping Boutique - since they are sponsoring our challenge! For some reason I had stuck in my head that it shoulc be a 'flat' or 'lumpy-embellishment-free'  creation.  Anyhoo, as this is a sponsored challenge, the Design Team have used TSB digi images for their creations, and there will be a TSB prize for the randomly drawn winner!   Woohoo!  Here is my creation:

Ingredients: Cardstock - Basix, Kaisercraft, DCWV; Chalks - Pebbles Inc; Markers - Marvy Le Plume; Stardust Pens, Glaze Pens - Sakura; Pink Pearl - Kaisercraft.

I coloured the image with a variety of mediums - I used chalk mostly in the backround, and also for Princess' skin, and hair; I used stardust pens to glitz the Princess' clothes, and I used Glaze Pens for the flowering vines.  The shield used all three! The glittered feathers accenting the corners are cut from a scrap of DCWV paper from the  Sunset Beach stack (sorry, I don't know its' exact name!).

In keeping with the flat theme (or so I thought!) I've gone for a Clean and Simple Card.  I love embellishments, but it's nice and refreshing to do something clean and simple .... I find those layouts ver relaxing to look at!

Do pop in and join the For Fun Challenge this week.... remember, as it's a sponsored challenge, the random winner is in for a groovy prize!

hugs and blessings,
Pauline

4 cared to share!:

CraftinGranny said...

So feminine Pauline. Beautifully done.
"Hugs" Carol

Lisa said...

Very beautiful, Pauline. I love how you put this all together...such a lovely image.
Lisa

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Pauline (this was the image I would have used) - love the soft colours & the glitter :)

Hope you're having a great week!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Amelia Breytenbach said...

I love clean and simple cards Pauline - your card is gorgeous. The glittered feathers are so eye-catching. Great job on this one!
Amelia