CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Creative Chick Challenge

Here's my creation for the lastest SNB Creative Chick Challenge.... I didn't get the link to the challenge in time, so it isn't entered. I guess that leaves me with a free month!  Well, not really! 

This image is called Swirl It.  It reminds me of funky flowers, and also reminds me of omoeba and all those micro-biological beasties, of which I know little.  I don't really know what I was thinking when I was creating, so I'll just pretend I'm in an 'abstract art' phase!
Ingredients: textured cardstock - Craft Bits; Paper -Kaisercraft; Markers - Bic; Chocolate Pearls - Kaisercraft; Green Thread - Madeira, Brads - Craft Affair.

I coloured the image with markers, then followed the swirly lines to add stitches - I've stitched over the design's horizontal lines.  I added large and small brads in the 'flower' centres, and mounted the image on a distressed burgundy paper.  It is fixed directly to the cardbase.  I added another strip of burgundy, and a border strip from the same paper range, adding some chocolate pearls as an accent.  Thanks for peeping!

hugs and blessins,
Pauline

0 cared to share!: