CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Stripes the Cat

Released into the wild from StretchNBubbles this month, is Stripes the Cat.  He is just too cute! Here's how I created with him!

Ingredients: Cardbase, Brads - Craft Affair; Papers - Cre8tiv; Markers - Bic; Stardust Pens - Sakura; Threads - Madeira, Latte Pearls, Rub On Sentiment - Kaisercraft.

I coloured the image with Bic markers, and then added yellow Stardust pen to is stripes, and Black Stardust to his nose and eyes.  I added Black/Silver embroidery thread to be his whiskers, stitching from the back, and leaving the ends free (although I added a sneaky stitch to hold each whisker as well). He sat aside while I worked on the background paper.

Following the dashed lines on the paper, I added a teal embroidery thread to add a little colour. I fixed the paper layers together with teal brads, then to the cardbase.   Stripes is fixed to the card flat at his feet and body, but with foam tap under his head to lift him with a shadow. I added a rub-on sentiment to finish. 

Stripes is waiting at the SNB Shop .... wouldn't you love to give him a home? Thanks for peeping!

hugs and blessings,
Pauline

0 cared to share!: