CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Doug Bird - SNB

Here is a creation using the StretchNBubbles image 'Doug Bird'.... I usually don't create things 'other than cards', so this project was even more fun to do!  It is a hanging ornament, a window decoration.  (The pale gloss card is only a photo background, not part of the project.)  He will hang in my kitchen window....

Ingredients used:  SNB image - Doug Bird, white cardstock, Bic Mark-Its, necklace memory wire, silver fine gauge craft wire, blue bicone beads, gold seed beads, fabric flowers, gold brads, invisble quilting thread, gold ribbon.

After colouring and trimming the image, I snipped off his tail feathers.  I then recreated them with wire and seed beads. I set him aside, and created the birdie swing, with memory wire and bicone beads.  Birdie is suspended on the swing with invisible quilting thread at the top, left and right.  He still swings a little, because his feet are not anchored. 

I added a hanging ribbon, and then added the fabric flowers, using brads as centres, and to attach them to the ornment.
 This creation is entered in the challenge at Digital Tuesday (#56) - Anything But A Card.

hugs and blessings,
Pauline

6 cared to share!:

Betty J Schaub said...

I think you did a fab-o job on this! he's too stinkin' cute!

Helen Dooley said...

How Cute!!

Anne-Marije said...

oh this is so lovely!
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije

suzARTe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suzARTe said...

beautiful work as always, its great to see a project out of the ordinary.

so sorry about taking so long to send you your small prize which I was meant to send way back when. I have had a tough time over the last few months and couldn't really keep up with thigs. Slowly getting back to normal and looking forward to blogging again soon.

I posted your parcel today and hope you get it soon.

take care,
Susan Zuzarte
Imagine.Create.Express

May 5, 2010 7:53 PM

Sandy O said...

WOW!!! is is stunning. What a great idea to make is swing!!!

How did you get the jewels aroung the ornament, I would love to know.