CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 19, 2013

For the Fellas!



I am so sorry my personal post is late... it should have gone live on Tuesday, and I mistakenly left it in draft mode.

This week at Twist of Faith Cards, we are creating For Men/Boys! We also introduce a new sponsor to our family, the fabulous Melonheadz!

I have created with a freebie image from a long time back....there are many freebies to be found at the Melonheadz blog, so it is really worth a visit!  What is really funny, is that another teamie at Twist of Faith chose to use the same image! This image really spoke to me, because as soon as I saw it in my collection, the first scripture to mind was 'fishers of men' .. so I knew that I had found my scripture and image for the challenge showcase!

I apologise for the picture shown, as the cardbase is white, and it doesn't show very well at all... I guess the constrasts are off  (since I created this away from my home stash of goodies, I tweaked it on ipiccy.com, and I'm still feeling my way).

I have created a digi text using the scripture of Matthew 4:19 "Then he said to them, FOLLOW ME and I will make you Fishers of Men" ....

I used the precoloured version of the image, and tweaked it with stitching.  I added black stitches to their hair, shoes, and the fishing line.  On the image layer, I also added a top and bottom border of hand stitches.  I also chalked around their feet. I used a plum layer to matt the image, and used foam tape to lift and fix the layers to the white cardbase.

Come along and join our For the Men/Boys challenge at Twist of Faith Cards this week! Thanks for peepin'!

0 cared to share!: