CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 13, 2013

2013 Gratitude Journal

Amidst the plethora of turmoil that seems to be swirling around me at the moment, I thought it would be wonderful for me to participate in a year-long challenge, that I happily stumbled across before it started. Not only did the name of the event appeal to me, but I thought that a scheduled, scriptural and creative focus would be highly beneficial in oh, so many ways!  After following the hosts' lead up posts, I decided that my chosen medium would be as a journal/scrapbook... not so much a journal for dedicated handwriting and musings, but perhaps something more meditative.

I had a spiral-bound art journal at the ready, which is just the right size for 52 weeks of creation, one per week (and of course I'll gussy up the covers too!).

I was thrilled to find that our first week scripture was one of my favourites, not only as a scripture, but also as a hymn. I decided to create a 'collage' of the scripture, a text from Create with TLC, and a coloured image of beautiful Australian wild flowers, being Golden Wattle and Flannel Flowers, from Beccy's Place


As I'm not at home at the moment, I have limited resources to create with, but I added marker to highlight "Joy", and pearlescent chalks to the flowers and background of the image layer.  The image is then matted onto two layers of distressed paper, and a final larger 5x5" vintage distressed pattern.  I will be keeping the5x5" layer a standard throughout the journal, and will be chalking up the base page of the journal to match the chosen colour scheme with each page, as I've done here. My little bit of glitz for this creation is simply the champagne coloured rhinestones to the corners.

As well as linking this into the hosted challenge at Inspired Stamps (thank you Antoinette!) I am also linking this up at Word Art Wednesday #62.....thanks for peepin'!
 

5 cared to share!:

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Pauline! Your art is always so cheery and fun, and it blesses my heart when you are able to play along in our challenges. Thanks for stopping by, and please come back soon. Have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

~Antoinette (inspired stamps) said...

Hi Pauline!
What a beautiful start to your journey!! WE are so thankful YOU are joining us in Inspired Stamps 52 Weeks of Gratitude! We look forward to coming by and seeing your new creations!!
Blessings,
Antoinette

Jennifer said...

Polly, this is so beautiful! Truly one must choose to find our Joy in the Lord and the great salvation he gives. Love the flowers you've added and such a wonderful project to keep adding to for the whole year!!! Have a wonderful day!

Gemiel said...

Pauline, your journal cover is so beautiful!! You used one of my fav scriptures and my desire is to choose joy everyday. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Pauline,
Amoung the plethora of things I to am participating in the year long gratitiude challange.
Joy is such a wonderful word and your book cover is very beautiful.
Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
Carole Robb Bisson
May the Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!