CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Birthdays are For Fun!

This week at For Fun Challenges, we are celebrating birthdays, for the boys!.... with a  MASCULINE BIRTHDAY themed challenge for you!  I don't know about you, but I often find myself making cards for women, rather than men, or for children, rather than men (yep, even more girl cards, rather than for boys)!

Our sponsor this week is new to us... The Digi Garden... and they fabulous fun images!  I loved creating with our sponsor's image this week!

Ingredients: White Cardstock; various patterned papers; Promarker Aqua (Sienna); Copic Ciao Marker; Decorative Chalks; Stardust Glitter Pens; Green Metallic Pen; Brown Brads; Sticker Sentiment...

I printed the image along with a sentiment - in brown, to match in with the papers I was planning to use.  I coloured his hair and skin with markers, and his clothes with glitter pens (except for the white stripes on his shirt, which were left uncoloured).  The wee froggie in his pocket is coloured with a green metallic pen.

I have added three matting layers behind the image layer.  On the patterned brown layer, I've added a leftover strip of the same pattern in blue... I reversed the same amounts of colour (one third blue, two thirds brown) with chalks on the image layer background. After I added brads, it was fixed together for a sweet birthday card .... for a YOUNG man ...

We have such a fun selection of  creations from our design team this week.... I hope you'll pop by the FOR FUN CHALLENGE BLOG to grab some inspiration and join in our MASCULINE BIRTHDAY challenge!  Thanks for peepin'!
  

5 cared to share!:

Nancy said...

Great card, Pauline! That little guy is just too adorable! I love the frog in his pocket! lol Have a great day!...Nancy :o)

Felicia said...

OHH he is adorable and so is the card he is on! *huggles* =0)

Jennifer said...

Love your little boy card! Your chalking accents are fantastic and I love how you coloured this little Mr.

Victoria said...

What a sweet image. I love the little frog in his pocket!

Julie said...

Such a little cutie! xx