CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I only got 4 Minutes...

Scrap it with a Song this week was a toughie for me.... I didn't know the song! Actually, when I went to see the 4 Minutes clip here, I realised I had heard the song, but didn't know it - I didn't even realise it was Madonna singing it.... where was I.... under a rock?  In my own defence, I'm not a fan of Justin Timberlake, or rap music, so the multi mixes of the same song had me completely baffled!  I must be getting old...

Anyhoo, I figured 'rap', rock','dance' music, I should  scrap a pic of a young'un, and I have no younger than my great-niece (yes, my niece's daughter!), and lets face it... this precious little one could save the world! T'was my first attempt at cutting out backgrounds, super cropping etc in a photo edit program... gee I wish I had Photoshop or something good like that! Don't look too closely... it will be fuzzy! And I kinda felt guilty cutting out the rest of her...

And I'd never made a WHITE page before.  I've always stayed away from it - I rarely wear it, so I guess I don't play with it either! 

The photo mat was created by adding a very thin layer of DS tape, and rolling the edges... I knew it would have trouble staying, hence the adhesive.  From a co-ordinating border sheet, I cut the borders into strips, then into pieces and played higgledy piggledy .... except for placing word borders on the left and right hand sides. All descriptors of my sweet little rock chick here...  To dress up the white space in the photo (a 6"x8") I stitched some strings of acrylic pearls, and added a velvet flower. 

Did I mention that the other song choice is Madonna's Lucky Star? Now THAT'S a song I remember (I love the 80s.... my formative years... go grab some inspiration from the gals at the Scrap It With A Song blog, pick up the songs for the fortnight (two weeks) and create! 


4 cared to share!:

Claire said...

Beautiful layout! What a gorgeous little face :-)
Claire xx

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Adorable layout! Such a sweet baby!
Kelly

Elizabeth P said...

Your great-niece is soooo cute! and you did a beautiful work! ;)

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is really sweet, and she is a cutie-pie! :)