CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 31, 2011

On the TLC Train!

Last week, Paulette - the uber talented and generous owner/designer at Create With TLC - shared an image set - and asked us to create with it then submit it for a freebie (woohoo - as if Paulette isn't generous enough already!)  I'm dreadful with timezones, but I managed to get my creation in on time.... that was heaps of fun....

Other ingredients used: Cardstock - DCWV, Cre8tiv; Markers - Marvy; Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Aquash Water Pen. 

When I first saw this image, I  had visions of a magnificent steam train ploughing through the desert passing by an oasis or two... what a trip (I watch too many movie classics!)... I pictured this image in sepia, so set off to try and recreate... brown markers, water pen... paint and blend away...

I decided to try and add a border that could represent sand, or old paper, or even the fuzzy edges that you see in old pictures and movies...

Imagine my surprise visiting the blog today, to find that my card was featured on her blog post!  Woohoo! You can see it here at Create With TLC, along with other fabulous creations! Thank you Paulette, what a compliment to be shown on your blog!  I'm chuffed!  Thanks for peepin'!

0 cared to share!: