CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Christmas Challenge at For Fun

Hi - I'm a wee late with my personal post for the For Fun Challenges CHRISTMAS challenge! We'd love to see everything Christmas!

Our fantastic sponsor this week, is Rick St Dennis MFA.... visit our blog or his links below for a fab bio, but here's just a taster for you...

... Designer of over 100 theatrical productions, Rick St Dennis (Donald McAfee) is also the author of 4 books on decorative painting and contributor to at least a dozen national magazines on crafts and art. He has taught design at the college level as well as seminars and classes across the USA and Canada. He is one of a handful of designers to have designed TWO productions of AIDA, Verdi's massive Egyptian opera spectacle.... Among numerous awards he won a presidential commendation in 1976 for his contributions to the bicentennial year including the design of the west coast premier of William Grant Still's opera BAYOU LEGEND. His drawings and paintings are in the collections of Diana Ross, Sandy Duncan, Sammy Davis Jr. and Jacqueline Onnasis amongst others.
Wow... what credentials! Rick is providing a very generous prize for our challenge winner this week! The prize includes the three images our DT has created magic with, as well as at least three more gorgeous images! Do go visit Rick's blog, and his Etsy shop here...

I created with Rick's gorgeously whimsical Dancing Elf...

On a cream cardbase, I've layered gorgeous vintage style Christmas papers (Kaisercraft) and wrapped them with ribbons of burgundy satin, red sequins, and green organza that has been knotted and beaded with baubles and stars.

I water coloured the image with Le Plume Markers, and my Aquash water pen (which I'm starting to believe is an extension of my hand!).  I used Sakura stardust pens for his boots'n'belt, and vest, so they sparkle! His gloves are green metallic pen. I added red pearls to the holly on his vest, ad in the corners.

I then decided that this would be the perfect size creation to add a .... choccy!  So Christmas wrapped chocolates are hard to come by in March, so I've used a heart shaped Sorino chocolate --- mm so creamy!  I also curled some wrapping ribbon to add a little more sparkle (can't ever have enough sparkle!)

I'm also entering this in the Square Card Challenge #13 at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenges

So go grab your tinsel, your sparkle, your Christmassy goodies, and create us a festive Christmas creation!  Join in our challenge to have your chance at winning a SUPER Christmas bonanza of digi images! Oh, and thanks for peepin' at my creation too!

1 cared to share!:

Hazel said...

What a jolly card! Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 13 - hope to see you again soon - next time is a sponsored challenge so there will be a randomly picked prize winner. x