CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm an Artful Bag!

Yep... still an artful bag!  This is a year long challenge ... The Artful Bag Challenge ... hosted at the Frosted Petunias blog ... this month's challenge was to Embellish It!  Embellish a bag.... what fun... but what to embellish, and with what? Hmmm...

So, I scoured the op shops, looking for a bag that showed a little promise.  In the bottom of the bag bin, I found a wee little gold cosmetic purse that was screaming my name... so I dressed it so....

I added a gold chain for it's strap... long enough to twist around the hand, or to dangle a little.  I actually fixed the chain through the eye hinge at the elbow of the purse frame... I wanted to add flowers, and had a gorgeous cream rose, but it overshadowed the bag... it was just to bulky... so off to my collection of hand dyed laces I went!  I came up with please of leaves, and a brown flower, that had a rhinestone centre... I knew I'd found the bits I wanted!  I fixed the lace pieces to the bag temporarily layered, then off I set with invisible thread and stitched tiny wee stitches...

I may not ever use it, but it looks stunning on black!  This artful bag is also attending this week's Passionately Artistic Link Party. Thanks for peepin!

5 cared to share!:

Sharon said...

Love what you have done with this bag Pauline! Looks fantstic!

WencheP said...

I love it! Beautiful work!

Hugs,
Wenche

Christine said...

What a fantastic purse. I just love this project. The flowers are such a wonderful compliment to the gold. I so am going to have to go look at this challenge!

Wendy said...

Beautiful. Great creation
Wishes and Whimsy
Wendy from Wonderland

Petunia said...

I agree, flowers (as much as I love them too)would have overshadowed this elegant little bag. The gold chain and lace detail are perfect against the gold. Simply sublime. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Anna