CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Going Green and seeking GDTs!

We're dancing a jig over at For Fun Challenges this week - being St Patrick's Day coming up soon.... but since not everyone celebrates this feast day, we are challenging you with a choice! No, no, not between the orange and the green, but with either a St Patrick's themed creation, or a Green monochromatic creation!

Our sponsor this week is Meljens - gorgeous whimsical images - and our team has some great inspiration for you to see!

I created my Green St Patrick's Day card using two images - "Shamrock Bear" and a freebie "Irish Blessing".  My real motivation to use two images was because I honestly couldn't choose what image I wanted to use! (Don't tell anyone I can't make a decision!)

Other Ingredients: Cardstock - Rosies; Markers - Marvy Le Plume; Glitter Pens; Green Metallic Thread - DMC; Rhinestones - Scrapbooking Bitz


I printed the sentiment/blessing on white, and trimmed it to fit the card with a nice wide border (what? no matts or layers? strange for me!) I took metallic thread, and stitched the image between the lines, following the image's line... then fixed it directly to the dark green cardbase. I coloured the Shamrock Bear stippling an aquash pen and Marvy Le Plume pens, and coloured his hat with glitter pens, and a metallic pen for the buckle.  I fussy cut him, added foam tape for mounting, and fixed him in place over the sentiment.  I added a rhinestone border, and  took three leaves of the shamrock (cut from the bear image), separated them as hearts, and fixed them to the border with silicone glue. I coloured the shamrock and hearts with green glitter pen. (Addendum: I SO wish that all rhinestone strips were actually fixed to their adhesive in straight lines!!!)
I am entering this card in the challenges at
Creative Card Crew - Green
Colour Create Challenges #66 - Greens, Brown, Cream, Black
and Meljens #49 - Green

At For Fun Challenges, we are also looking for Guest Designers to join our team for a spell of creativity! We would love you all to apply for a week or two with our creative team and challenges. All you need to do is to create a card or scrap page to go with our challenge for the week.  NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!  If we have a sponsor that week, you will also receive the sponsors image(s) to work with. Want to apply? Leave a not for Meera, our  GDT co-ordinator, and she'll be in contact with you...
So come on, get your green on and join in the challenge ....

6 cared to share!:

Candace said...

So adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Meljen's Designs! :)

Elara said...

Hi! I came from Creative Card Crews blog, just joined today for the first time. Cute card! :)

Debbie, Crafty Heart

uksharon said...

Fabulous card and sentiment.
Thanks for sharing with us at CCCC this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a cute card! I love how the sentiment is front and center!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs last week! Sorry that I am late in commenting, please forgive me! :)
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Sylvia said...

What a cute card:-))
Thanks for joining this Colour Create Challenge!!
Sylvia

Mina said...

what a fabulous St Patricks Day card Pauline...I love that cute bear...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx