CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A card with Spark!

Spark is the name of this little fellow - Firefly or Lantern Fly, whatever he may be, he's a cutie!  You can find him at the StretchNBubbles shop.....

I needed a card for a friend who had taken ill after living through the recent floods and cyclone in Queensland - I thought it would be perfect!  The sentiment inside reads "I hope you're back to your sparky self real soon!" ....

Ingredients used: Cardstock - Terra Nova, Cre8tiv; Papers - Creative Memories, Sassafrass Lass; Markers - Marvy Le Plume; Stardust Pens - Sakura; Rhinestones - Kaisercraft,  Glitter Glue - Papermania; Aquash water pen.

I coloured the image with markers and glitter pens, thinning out with an Aquash pen.  For example, the yellow body, and it's circular glow use the same stardust pen, but the outer glow is spread with more water... The background uses a grey marker, and a lot of aquash-ing!  After colouring, I set to cutting a lot of layers.... I can't believe I used SIX layers!  I rotated the stitched papers, so the lines weren't travelling in all the same direction. 

I hope it's a nice bright and cheery card for my friend...

I've also entered this card at Cupcake Craft Challenges #133 - Up In The Air (optional Green)

4 cared to share!:

Liza said...

A great card Pauline, lovely colours and image. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week for my challenge "Up in the Air" ! Your card is so beautiful ! I love those bright colours and what a cute image ! Good luck !

Delphine said...

Beautiful card, Pauline! The image is adorable and the sentiment you have chosen for the inside is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Unknown said...

Awww.. This is such a bright & cheerful card! Love that image! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! HUgs/sari