CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 28, 2011

Leafy Trees, please...

I've loved leafy trees since I was a child (didn't we all?).... this Leafy Tree from SNB is no exception.... isn't it just the cutest we birdie nesting in the branches!

Ingredients: Cardstock - Terra Nova, Cre8tiv; Striped Paper - a magazine freebie; Stardust Pens - Sakura; Ribbon - Dotty Craft.

The image is coloured with Stardust pens and an Aquash water pen - just love the watercolour effects! After matting the image, it was attached to another double matt - after I added some ribbon detail!  Being a bit sneaky here, and not wanting to waste ribbon hidden between the layers, and behind the layers, I have only used small pieces instead.  I wanted the bow to fill some of the white space on the top layer, so I simply tied a bow, and adhered it to the top layer - in line with the ribbon of course!

I wanted it to be a bright funky kinda card, so I used way-out striped paper - which reminds me of the striped hard rock candy Dad use dto bring us from his weeks away in the army....they were soooo sweet! 

This card is also entered in the challenge at Creative Inspirations - #100 Stripes.
Thanks for peepin'!

3 cared to share!:

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card and thanks for sharing with us at creative inspirations

Katy said...

Such a bright cheery card - gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of Stripes at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog!
By entering the challenge you can enter my blog candy, just leave me a comment at:
http://katybooscards.blogspot.com/2011/02/tilda-with-small-giftand-some-sweet.html
Hugs. Katy. xxx

Tracey said...

Hi Pauline, hope all is well :o)
Love your card & the little birdie in the tree is so cute.
Have a great week!
Hugs
Tracey
xx