CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Child's Play

Have you seen our One Powerful Hour challenge blog?  No, it's not missing, but have you visited?  Our challenges are posted every Thursday (from the USA).  The challenge is to create your piece from start to finish in 1 hour. Any form of art can be made, paper, fabric, mixed media, altered art etc... ATC's, 4x4's, Cards, Inchies, whatever floats your boat. Add your art to your blog, then post a direct link under the comments section to share with others. Most importantly we want you to have fun!

It was my turn to host again this week, so I chose the theme of Child's Play.... I wanted to created a vintage card, and when I found the image I liked, on flowed the mind images of children playing games in the streets (remember when you could still do that safely?), running in gardens, playing ball and chasey, and having lots of innocent, clean fun.... oh those were the days....
 
Ingredients:  Cardstock - SU!; Photo Printed Vintage image; Vintage Fabric - Moda; Crochet Cream lace, Pink Lace; Pearls - Kaisercraft; Pink Fabric Blossom/ Leaves; Giant Pearl Brad.

Although I didn't use any fancy techniques here, I am quite  happy with the many layers and vintage look.  I think the most extravagant tool I used here was my corner rounder!  I used colours that were in the photo image - to recreate a spring feel. 

Come and join our challenge at One Powerful Hour, won't you?  Thanks for peepin'!

0 cared to share!: