CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hold those Cards!

Here we are with another challenge at For Fun Challenges! This week we challenge you to create not a card, but a card holder .... and what a variety of projects are covered by this theme!  You should the fab variety created by the For Fun Design Team... wowie! I scratched my head a while thinking of what I would create for this challenge, and decided upon this'un.... a gift card holder.... as in those wee plastic swipey credit-card wannabees.....


Ingredients: Cardstock - DCWV, SU!; Chalk Ink - Colorbox; Orange Marker - Marvy Le Plume; Lace; Fabric Flowers; Ribbon - Dotty Crafts; a brad
I love colouring, but it was fun to create something without an image to colour.  It makes me thinkg 'outside the box'.... so I set to with my cardstock, and cutter, and cut the pieces from the apron template /instructions.  The template only calls for 2 pieces, the apron and the pocket, but I decided that would add a red matt to both pieces, adding a little more depth, strength, and detail.  I attached the pocket piece (a DCWV glitter CS, from the Citrus Stack) with foam tape, so that a gift card can be fitted in without damaging the card.  And of course I added the lace trim before I fixed the pocket to the apron! A gift card would hid the bib of the apron, but I though it would look barren after using the card.... so I added a double layer flower with a brad centre. 

Hmmm... now the apron strings.... I didn't want huge gaping holes with fat ribbon, so I grabbed my tiny hole punch,  and sought after my thinner ribbons.... to find that I had run out of red, and had no orange... aargh! What to do! I grabbed a white silver edged ribbon that was the right size, and coloured the ribbon with a Le Plume marker! When the ribbon no longer left orange stripes on my fingers..... I cut it into three, and tied a knot at the end of each piece, and thread through each hole at the waist and the bib.   and a knot at the other end of the ribbons will stop them from pulling through! The neck ribbon will also do as a hanger, should it be displayed, and any message can be written on the back.  I left it sentiment-free because the appropriate sentis I had were black rub-ons, and seemed harsh on the the floral CS...

I do hope you'll visit us at For Fun Challenges and see our DTs inspiration for the challenge ...these ladies never cease to amaze me! And of course, we'd love to see your creation! Thanks for peepin'!

1 cared to share!:

Tracey said...

Hi Pauline, this is a great apron gift card holder :o)

Hugs
Tracey
xx