CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Garden update...

Okay so.... my pineapple lily is blowing my mind.... I can't believe how fast it's growing.... don't people normally make these comments about children?  I'm sure they do....

And remember that nasty critter bug from a few days ago?

Well, I sent the picture and a descriptive letter off to the insect collections department at the Australia Museum. I received a reply this morning - apprently he is a native cockroach.... perhaps a nymph (immature) one.... I figure at this size (body is about 2 inches long) if he isn't fully mature, he will be one heck of a cockroach!

Had the picture been taken from above, the fellow from the museum would have been able to be more specific as to what sort of roach etc.... but still, quite impressive. And he's not a threat to my garden.... apparently these bugs are quite the recycler....


2 cared to share!:

Claire said...

Lol he's certainly a big bug whatever he is Pauline. Your lily is growing soooo fast its unbelieveable
Claire xx

Trish and Treasure said...

Wow, that is fast growing!