CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 10, 2010

Polly's Poinsettia

I love poinsettias... I always end up making heaps of Christmas cards featuring poinsettias.... so I was thrilled to see that the freebie image for December at Designed2Delight Digital Stamps was a Poinsettia! And a stunning one at that....

Ingredients:  Cardstock - Rosies; Markers - Le Plume; Stardust Pens - Sakura; Red & Green Seed Beads - Ribtex; Pea Green Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Ribbon.

I printed the poisettia image three times, and coloured various parts with markers, then with stardust pens.  I trimmed out the and curled the petals and the centre a little. The entire image with leaves was left as a whole topper.  I fixed the petals together, then stitched red seed beeds in the centre. I matted the whole image on red, and adhered the ribbon in place. I took up my needle again, and stitched metallic green seed beads along ribbon's edge.... then fixed the whole topper to the cardbase.  Lastly I added the finished poinsettia flower, and some pea green rhinestones!

I'm so glad to have made it into the D2D challenge this week... I missed it last month! I've also entered this card in the challenge at:
Cooking It Up With Katie #41 - Layer Me a Red Christmas... meeting the challenge of Christmas, Red, and Layering (the image has 3 layers).

Thanks for peepin!

5 cared to share!:

Katie said...

Super cute card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous love the poinsettia.Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Pauline!
Happy Christmas to you and yours.
Super Poinsettia and you have colored it very nicely. I love them too.
Hugs Marion...aka...Maz

dstandard said...

Such a lovely job with the image - so nice and clean! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Tammy said...

Hi Pauline! This is gorgeous, I love the clean look!! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x