CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

SNB is in da House!

Here is one of this month's images from StretchNBubbles ... this image is House.  It reminded me (in a funky kind of way!) of the wee beach houses (for changing into your swimmers) we have on some of our older beaches here in Australia.... they were super popular in the more 'modest' bathing days of yore, and became an icon of our southern beaches because they would be painted in fantastic colours.  Since I didn't have any beachy 'bellies', I decided to go with the birds instead. 

Ingredients used: Bazzill CS, Grace Taylor DP, puffy stickers, plastic leaves, green flocking, Bic Mark-its, brown Le Plume marker, Ice Blue bling.  

I coloured the image with Bic Mark-its. I trimmed a birdie and perched him on the roof to break the background pattern.  I also added some 'grass' by using flocking at the base of the house.

I love this image... it brings so many images to my mind... the beach houses, bird houses.... and houses made of wobbly jelly... some kids made sandcastles... we grew up in the mountains without sand... we like to carve things out of jelly (we were strange kids!)  

 You will find this image at the SNB shop HERE.... along with many other fun and funky images! Do yourself a favour and check them out ...

hugs and blessings,
Pauline

0 cared to share!: