CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Star of the Sea

(previously posted, with additions!)
This is my card for the Star Scrapbooking Card Challenge.... I've called her Star of the Sea ..... the challenge theme was "Under the Sea".   I SHOULD have posted here that it is a voting challenge, so I should be gratuitously soliciting votes for my card ... he he he... because there is a VOTER'S PRIZE too!  The great prize of AUD$180 worth A5 cardstock and matching envelopes is also being award to a lucky voter, and the prize WILL SHIP INTERNATIONALLY! Please will you vote for me?  I'm card number 7, but you'll see the picture!  I hope you win too!


I've used a digi image, and coloured her with H20s.... for her fishy tail and scales, I used a variety of blues and greens, and interference colours..  After a spray of Pearl GlimmerMist, I layered her onto DCWV paper, which looked like water, and matted it on navy.  I stitched in various fibres and threads, hoping it would look like seaweed. I added light blue bling for bubbles, and a pearl for her earring, as well as adding a few multicoloured gems and pearls amongst the seaweed.  Before adhering the whole topper onto the aqua cardbase,  I wrapped a fibre around the four corner brads, and added a quick 'tassel' of various fibres as well. I was happy with the result. 

She still looks nothing like me!

3 cared to share!:

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Pauline,
I love your card. You ahve done a super job on it and deserve to win so I have voted for you.
Hugs Marion

Doodle Queen said...

Hi Pauline:
Got the lovely email from you and thought I'd pop over for a look at your blog. I love this mermaid card, especially the use of fibers. How unique is that. It makes her look like she is floating in the seaweed. Great job. I'm going searching for others. Hugs to you :-) Karen (Karen's Doodles)

Jane said...

Pauline,
All I can say about this card is WOW!!! It is just one of the best cards I have seen for creativity and color. Wonderful job girl!!!
Hugs