CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Two cards to share today, and overdue. The first (to the left) is one of my own stitching patterns. Very quick to complete. I sell this card at my market stall, with a pair of small earrings as well, I place one earring in her ear, and the other on a presentation card inside. I generally stitch her in black, but it also looks sweet in brown on cream card. On the right is a card made for a friends 60th birthday. Unfortunately, the scan doesn't show the card colour properly - it is a very pale yellow, in a semi gloss finish. For this card, I have dry embossed the borders, and the oval behind the 3D rose. I hand stitched tiny cream pearl beads along the borders and around the rose, finishing off with a gold peel off greeting atop. The dry embossing was made by using a Keepsake Embossing Board - what a fantastic product! A great selection of themed boards, with endless possibilities for patterns.... can you tell I like using them? You don't need a lightbox to be able to use these great boards, which is great with my vision. They have self-directing channels to follow with the embossing tool.... and even the embossing tool is cool ... it has a clear barrel with glitter in it, and a hole atop to attach your own dangles! Cheerio!

1 cared to share!:

Nettie said...

Beautiful card Pauline, a long time since I have done embossing and decoupage! thanks for following my blog;o) have a good weekend, Nettie