CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Beccy's Blossom Bicycle

I  created this card way back in April, along with my Bicycle Built for Two ... a previous post.  Stupid me left this post on draft... I think the 'draught' might be between my ears!

This is my second creation for Beccy's Place using the new set... BICYCLE SET.  It is Beccy's first co-ordinated digital image set, and consists of three images (in colour and black and white line) with matching sentiments. You can buy the images and sentiments individually, or as a set.

I chose to create with the Blossom Bicycle, and a sentiment from the same set... although the pre-coloured bicycle looked more like my teen bike (it was purple) I decided to colour this one sparkling blue, like my first own "I paid for this myself" bike!


I coloured the basket and leaves with SU! markers, and the bike with blue glitter pen. I used white Aqualip pen for the seat (I should have used black, since my seat was black). I coloured the flowers using red, yellow and orange glaze pens, so they have a little dimension, and a sheen.

After choosing a bright and bold floral backing paper, I matted the image with textured vintage blue cardstock.  I then found that my original idea of using a white cardbase wasn't going to work... without matting the floral paper, it got lost... and any coloured matt seemed to harsh.  So I tried a red cardbase .... and bazingo! The flowers came to life, and the bike popped!  But a single rhinestone in the corners of the image layer looked lonely... so I filled the white space with rhinestone 'corners' instead.

Sadly after photographing my card, I've had to put my card to rest in the 'garden shed'.... my own little "Blossom" Becky happily hugged and touched the card after eating her chocolate Easter Rabbit... needless to say, chocolate and rhinestones don't mix well! But how fitting now is the sentiment...

Want to see the new releases, monthly challenges, and a wonderful section of techniques and card fold tutorials? See you at Beccy's Place!

Thanks for peepin'!

1 cared to share!:

Malin said...

Great job with this bicycle...I like that you´ve used so many blings in the corners...
Hugs Malin