CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 1, 2013

Bicycle Built for Two


This is my first creation for Beccy's Place!  The new set we are creating with is BICYCLE SET.

It is Beccy's first co-ordinated digital image set, and consists of three images (in colour and black and white line) with matching sentiments. You can buy the images and sentiments individually, or as a set.

I chose to create with the tandem bicycle, and the matching sentiment... I initially had in mind a fun twist on a wedding card, but chose colours that were a little more casual, like picnic blankets!

I coloured the image with SU! markers, and used white Aqualip pen for the seats and handles to give a little dimension.  I added a little touch of silver metallic glitter pen to the pedals and cogs.
After choosing the backing pattern, I then picked a more condensed darker pattern to matt the image.  I then stitched a border on the image layer, in DMC floss in varigated blue/green thread, which seemed to match the pattern papers. The matted image has been mounted using foam tape for dimension.

I am also sharing this card in these challenges:
Chocolate Coffee and Cards #35 Spring (4/4)
Daring Cardmakers "Springing Into Spring" (5/4)
Our Creative Corner "Travel and 2 DPS" (5/4)
Digi Haven "Spring" (11/4)

Want to see the new releases, monthly challenges, and a wonderful section of techniques and card fold tutorials? See you at Beccy's Place!

Thanks for peepin'!

8 cared to share!:

Marianne van Lunszen said...

What a beautiful entrance, gorgeous Pauline!

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely spring card and layout thanks for joining us at CC&CC, good luck cheers Sue N x

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

great mode of transportation! I'd love to actually ride one of these one day. I really like the plaid background matching the ivy on the bike, very nice touch. Thanks so much for playing along with Our Creative Corner this week!

Jill Tiffany said...

Great card n idea.
Thank you for sharing with us at Chocolate, Coffee& Cards Challenge. Hope to see you again.
Hugs,
Jill
jiecraft.blogspot.com

Beckie said...

Love that stamp and what you have done with it :) thanks for taking part in the DCM challenge :)

aussie aNNie said...

Hey Pauline, you did a fab job on this cool colours too...luv annie

Dana said...

I really like the bicycle image. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven.
http://iwycd.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Lovely card Pauline! Hmmm... I love the idea as using this image for a wedding card. My daughter Ashley's wedding is to be done in a picnic/market days theme... My brain is now spinning with ideas.