CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Layers of Sunshine

I've created another card for the Lacy Sunshine #4 Layers Challenge, this time using the fortnight's free request image,  Anastasia and Poppies.

I am really grumpy with Blogger... it seems that each time I try to upload an image, it rotates the image to the right... so I go back and rotate the image to the left, hoping that when Blogger does it's  'thing' it will appear the right way up... but oh no... it has to put me through the ringer 5-6 times before I can get the image up the right way! And to boot, the picture here isn't as as sharp as the original picture.... argh!

I printed the image with a sweet text from TLC Creations ... I thought the image married perfectly with melancholy Anastasia.  I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir markers, and I used Le Plume Pigment markers for the green and 'black' (which was really a dark grey). keeping to greens and neutrals. I added Clear Star Glitter Pen to the flower centres and feather.  I left the background neat, so that it popped with the black and white matt layers.  The image layer was simply matted with three layers of paper/card, and fixed to a white cardbase.  I added deep red  rhinestones to the four corners of the image layer.

This card is shared in these challenges:
Lacy Sunshine #4 - Layer It Up! (24/3)
Stampin' For the Weekend - Child's Play (28/3)
My Time To Craft #214 Gothic (3/4) I hope the colour palette fits!

Thanks for peepin'!

9 cared to share!:

Unknown said...

Very clever created, your card looks great so!
How nice that you have responded in Dutch on my blog, my writing English is also not too good but I understand it though.

Alyx said...

This is beautiful Pauline! So lovely and clean and neat and the colouring is gorgeous.

Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,love the design and gorgeous image.xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the image & colours!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and lovely colours. Thank you for joining us over at Lacy Sunshine for our lots of layers challenge.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry that blogger is making your life less than happy! Some days I feel just like the lady in your card! Praise God, he sends sunshine to shine rays of peace in times of true grumpiness and despair! Love and Prayers, Jennifer

Tammy L said...

great card and love the simple layers. Nice color combination as well.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges this week.
Tammy DT

Skye said...

This is a great card. Love the image and design

Julia said...

Wonderful Gothic creation. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft!
Hugs,
Julia