CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Spring has arrived at #25 Twist of Faith!

Oh my ...  I left my post in draft mode! I feel silly.... oh so silly....

We have a SPRING coloured challenge for you at Twist of Faith this week! Here in Australia it is still our summer.. February is traditionally super hot (in fact our hottest month in my region), but with droughts and floods and climate change, we've been experiencing mega hot days, then days of mild palatable weather... much easier to handle than consistent days of 40 degrees C!

We are so happy to have From the Heart Stamps joining us with their sponsorship ....you  may remember them as Designed 2 Delight.... and what a delight the images are! I created my card using a gorgeous image, Ladybug Parade.

I created a landscape card with a white cardbase.  The image was printed on white, and I took some liberties with cropping.. To accommodate my scripture, I have moved the birdie to the right, and lifted the branch, adding a couple of ladybugs on the left as well.

The image is coloured with markers and glitter pens, with a background of chalk, matted with vintage orange/red Coredinations CS.  I have then added a layer of bright floral paper, and a final matt of red I wrapped a glittering white lace and thin red ribbon around the layers, then fixed it to the cardbase. Final glam was added in the form of giant cream pearls in the corners.

The design team showcased some  fabulous images from our sponsor, From the Heart Stamps this week, so I hope we can inspire you to join us in our SPRING Challenge at TWIST OF FAITH CARDS! Thanks for peepin'!

1 cared to share!:

Laura said...

Pauline, I love how you took liberties with your image so it would fit your design. I look for images and stamps that are versitile like that. Such a lovely card you've made and the scripture is perfect.

Laura C.