CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fool Hackers. Humph!


I am sorry to say that my email address book has been hacked and has had spam messages, containing only a weblink sent to (I assume) everyone in my addressbook.

I was made aware of it a short time ago, before checking my emails.  I guess some people have nothing better to do than to cause problems for others.  

People who know me, know that I always have a signature file in my emails, similar to the one shown below, and always have a subject line that is meaningful.  

I am hurt and disappointed that some people have emailed me and thought that I would actually willingly send such intrusive rubbish and potentially destructive emails to them.  

I'm sorry this has happened, but no matter how secure or reputable virus scan software is, we can't  seem to stop hackers - they always seem to be ahead of those of us who compute for honest reasons.

I apologise that this post may appear grumpy, but I guess I am... that some fool idiot would waste their time creating havoc for others, and that people that I trust (and thought trusted me) would think I would actually do this.  I'm stopping my grump now.

3 cared to share!:

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry that this happened to you, Pauline! I did receive this email and knew right away that it wasn't from you. So I just deleted it. I think those people that are upset with you will soon realize that you were not at fault and couldn't do anything to prevent this from happening. All will be well!...Nancy :o)

Cheeky Rose Boutique said...

People sometimes react before they think Pauline! I deleted it as well! I have also seen 'anonymous' spam in my and others blogs so don't feel badly and forgive those with a lack of trust. You'll feel better! Blessings, Jan

Denise@DigiHaven said...

Pauline .... I didn't know how to get ahold of you but ... you won at Digi Haven :) You won the Digi Haven Blog Followers Challenge. You win a $10 G.C. to Bugaboo, compliments of the Digi Haven Design team. Please contact us at DigiHavenDT@Yahoo.com to start the claim process for your prize. Thanks!!
♥ Denise @ Digi Haven ♥