CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 24, 2013

2013 Journal of Gratitude - week 7

This week has been quite settled in our home, although we've seen some plateau-ing of sorts.... a day of medical appointments tomorrow will hopefully offer some tweaking and tightening of loose ends!

But we are still enjoying our more peaceful times... well, I was.  It appears another 'episode' is looming, and I can't finish my blog post at the minute.... I'll be back when it passes! Please bear with me, it's going to be a nasty one, I can tell!

(Cue blog post: several hours later)

So after dealing with a long-winded episode, I'm back ... thankfully not to severe, but still needing my full attention (and I decided to cook and eat dinner as well.... yummy Thai Green Curry!)


The digi of the Scripture, I created myself, using Philippians 1:3...  another beautiful scripture to be inspired by!

Papers for this page came from a freebie bundle from a UK magazines (I so love the UK freebies!), and the green heart border strip has been matted with a grungy scrap of red card.  Lucky there was enough to meet my needs.

The image is by one of my favourite creative people in the world... Mary Ellen, who creates Dearie Dolls.  This particular image is Best Friends Chair... I used the pre-coloured version. I printed it thrice (I so love using the word 'thrice'!) using the base image whole, then removing the back of the chair in the second layer, and finally the third layer comprising of  the cushion and feet, chair arms, and the checked  antimacassar at the rear. Layer 2 was fixed to the base with only double-sided tape, but the third layer was fixed with foam tape.. so the image has varying degrees of depth. After I had gotten excited with all the patterns in the papers, I decided to leave out the embellishments as I really had a lot going on with the patterns!   I also left the scripture unadorned, but matted in red and white, to make it pop... since that is my motivation for the page.

Mary Ellen has seen fit to offer her gorgeously delightful images for free.  There are so many for every occasion, and they have such character.  Do visit Mary Ellen at Dearie Dolls to see her images, and leave her an appreciative thank-you note if you take some images... I am certainly grateful for knowing Mary Ellen, and being able to create with her delightful images...

Do join us in the hosted challenge at Inspired Stamps (thank you Antoinette!) ...and thanks for peepin' at my page!
  

1 cared to share!:

Beccy said...

What a really cute image Pauline, and you did a fabulous job colouring it and adding it to your page. I love the way you did the background to make it look like wallpaper... very clever.
Cheers,
Beccy