CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 20, 2013

2013 Gratitude Journal - week 2

So here I was thinking my week was slightly better than the last.  I was looking forward to create my gratitude journal page, and yes, I did enjoy creating it!  No doubt there.  But imagine my surprise, when I got home just now, to add the picture to my blog post, and I found that I had created with the wrong scripture! Well, not the wrong scripture (no scripture is) but I used the scripture intended for NEXT week's creation instead.  Still.... it's a perfect scripture to mediate on, and to express gratitude!

In creating another page to my gratitude journal, I used a digi text I made, using NEXT week's scripture, and have used another fabulous vintage era image from Create with TLC.

Again, I wasn't in reach of all my craft stash, so I could only create with what fitted into my trolley.  Since I like clean and simple, or uncomplicated creations (which is usually all I can manage to create, time wise), I thought that I might carry on similar pages through my whole journal.

I've used again, a square image layer, colouring the image with chalks and markers, and using chalks for the background, to blend it into the central colour square on the paper I've selected.  I tried to keep the image in similar colours to the paper, well, at least not too contrasting! After fixing the image layer down, I stitched around the picture border in stem stitch, and then around a delicate border on the paper, in a running stitch, adding a little definition.  I left this creation glitz free, as I didn't have any with me in my trolley.

As well as linking this into the hosted challenge at Inspired Stamps (thank you Antoinette!) I am also linking this up at Word Art Wednesday #63.....thanks for peepin'!
  

3 cared to share!:

Karen Letchworth said...

I just love this sweet little image, and your card is just lovely! Thank you, Pauline, for joining in our challenge again this week. It's always such a blessing when you can join us!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Jennifer said...

Polly, this is just splendid! I love this group of happy children! My son has just professed faith in the Lord Jesus Christ this week and oh the joy emanating from his little being! May God be praised!

~Antoinette (inspired stamps) said...

Pauline, i love this...and no Scripture is wrong! :). Thank you so much for joining us at Inspired Stamps for this week of Gratitude!!! We will be looking forward to seeing your next creation!
Blessings,
Antoinette