CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 19, 2012

#4 Twisted Holidays 2


Here's a second creation for the challenge at Sparkle And Glitter With Rick... our theme of Twisted Holidays! asks you to create for a holiday, but twist it!  Make it tacky or spooky or something that is not normal for that holiday. Our sponsor is Smeared Ink and they offer a prize of a digi stamp shopping voucher of $15!

Smeared InkMy creation uses the Rick St Dennis Outhouse Noel image... quite a popular image at the moment!  I love this image because we (in country Australia) seem to be known for our outhouses!

I printed the image, and coloured it with a variety of markers, and glitter pens (which unfortunately don't all show in this picture).  I matted the image with brown andcream/green/red striped papers. The striped paper reminded me of candy cane.  I took my pearly chalks, and added in a mix of browns for the ground, and orange, red, cream and even blue, to add for the  sky... I pictured a sunset, but I didn't want too many colours (trying to keep in a brown, green and red mindset for Christmas).  I didn't add a Merry Christmas sentiment sticker, because the NOEL says it all, huh?  I fixed the layers together, and then added them to a pearly cream cardbase, along with some rust/red rhinestones.  I must learn more about my camera (or software) because the picture here is paler than the card itself... which is in the yellow/brown spectrum...

I wondered what sort of twist I could add, even though I thought a Christmas card featuring an outhouse (or a Dunee in the politest Aussie slang!) was pretty out there.  So with 'out there' mind, I created a roll of toilet paper from a toothpick and a paper strip.   If the outhouse was really 'out there' it could have been a handful of newspaper!

Also entered in challenges at
The Crafty Pad's #197 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (26/11)
Crafty Catz' #159 Let's have Sparkle  (23/11)
Craft Punked #46 Anything Goes!  (23/11)

I do hope you'll join in our Twisted Holidays Challenge at Sparkle And Glitter With Rick.  You don't have to use an RSD image, but we'd love to see you create with them if you do (and there are so many awesomely twisted images to choose from)! Come on over and join the fun... Thanks for peepin'!

6 cared to share!:

Caroline said...

Beautiful card Pauline the image is fabulous. Caroline xxx

rachel said...

gorgeous card - great image and colours - thanks for joining us at the crafty Pad and good luck x

Naomi Johnson said...

A fabulous card. Thanks for sharing it with us at crafty catz this week. Naomi

carol said...

super card, thanks for joining in with our challenge at CC x carol

Monique's art said...

gorgeous, love the little toilet paper roll on the card,

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card Pauline thankyou for joining us this wek at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx