CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 10, 2012

Oh Baby!

I can't wait for a little over a week's time... we're taking a trip to ... among other things ... see my cousin's FIFTH bundle of precious joy... a sweet new baby girl has joined the family, and is welcomed by her  FOUR sisters!  So with that in mind, I share with you details of our latest challenge #35 at the Card Crafter's Circle... 

BABIES

We are delighted to have our sponsor  Pink Gem Designs joining us again! The challenge winner will have their choice of 4 balck/white images as their prize... and there are so many yummy images to choose from!

I created with a sweet image.... Baby Girl In Pram...

Using a pre-coloured image, I gathered my embroidery threads, and stitched along the image outline, the baby, and various parts of the image.  I used stem stitch for the most part, but used a running stitch for the pram hood. Oh and I stitched in her hair too. I added some glitter here and there around the image, then fussy cut the image ... very gingerly too, so I didn't cut any stitches! I then added some seed beads to the flowers on the pram, and wheels, and stitched another at the babe's mouth, to  faux the dummy.  

Having a really sweet decorative paper, I cut a layer, matted it on pink, and then fixed the image in place.  I added some rhinestones in the corners before fixing it all to a white cardbase.  

I'm also entering this creation into the challenges at: PINspirational Challenges #19 (Aug 13)
Incy Wincy Designs Sugar and Spice (Girly) (Aug 12), Stampin Sisters in Christ - Baby or Pastels (Aug 12)

Our design team has created some beautiful creations to inspire you, so I hope you'll visit us at the Card Crafter's Circle to see them... and I hope that you'll join us in our challenge this week!  Thanks for peepin'! 

2 cared to share!:

Jennifer said...

Pauline, this is just so very sweet! I love the added beads and the stitching! I gives it the perfect touch!

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Pauline,
I love this bright pink card you made this week and great minds think alike we choose the same image, I love how you created a day at the park feel!! Fabulous!!!
Hugs Trish