CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Fun Challenge

If I was my own employee, I'd fire myself.... I've had this post (and another) sitting there in DRAFT form, when the should have been posted last week!

Our challenge for you at My Heart Pieces is themed Summer Fun.... this is such a great time to think of summer, because here in southern Australia, we're experiencing a very wet, and freezing cold winter! They are even telling us it will snow... and we rarely see snow in my part of the state!

I created with the Rajrupa image... and first up, I need to apologise for the photograph of my card.  My batteries depleted, and I no spares ready charged! So I flat-scanned the card, and because of the pearls and the dimension, it didn't sit flat, so the pic is not as crisp as it should be!

On a cream metallic cardbase (sandwich board style, fold is at the top of the card) I have layers of burgundy and floral patterned papers.

The image is coloured with markers, and glitter pens... and is framed with layers of the same burgundy print, and yellow metallic card, as is the sentiment.  The background of the sentiment and image is dusted with chalk.

The gold thread cream organza ribbon is simply folded and placed under the sentiment.  I've used chocolate pearls in the corners of the image and on the left corners as well...

We would love to see your summery creations... come share with us at  My Heart Pieces before 30 June.  Thanks for peepin'! 

0 cared to share!: