CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 28, 2012

I F.R.O.G.


What an exciting time we're having at FOR FUN CHALLENGES!  Our owner's daughter has recently gotten married, and we're still waiting on the report and the photos of the Mother of the Bride!  I know how exhausting that 'after wedding' time is, though!  And we have a number of guest designers joining us this week, for our challenge themed F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely on God)! When our lives are so hectic as they are at the moment it sure is important to take some time out for prayer and reflection (but gee, it's so hard sometimes!)

My post is late, because I spent a large portion of last week travelling to a dental hospital a couple of hundred kms away... exhausting....although the shopping is fun, trips to the 'big smoke' just confirm why I had to leave the city life!

On to my card.... this week I've used a darling image from Dearie Dolls.... current circumstances have the Dearie Dolls shop closed, but do visit the blog for some awesome freebies, and be appreciative, and leave a thankyou if you take them home with you!

Ingredients: Patterned, Metallic & Colour Cardstock; Chalks; Promarker Aquas, SU Markers; Clear Star, Coloured Gitter pens;Champagne Rhinestones...

I've created with a pre-prepared cardbase (thank you DCWV... love the sets!), and a layer of pale blue, and metallic copper, sandwiched between the cardbase and the white image layer.  I've coloured the image layer background in  Pearlescent chalks, and I have trimmed the it to size, so that the wee bluebirds' wings are overhanging the matts.  She is coloured with Promarker Aquas and a waterpen, and her flower dress is highlighted with glitter pens as well.  I kept to the colour scheme of the original coloured image, because it was delightful, and thought it would pop with my chosen cardstock.  I added mt favourite champagne coloured rhinestones to finish in the corners.

Do pop over and join us at For Fun Challenges... we'd love to share our inspiration with you, and we'd love  to see your F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely on God) creations! Take some time to breathe in the Awesomeness, and to be Thankful. And thanks for peepin'!
  

5 cared to share!:

Jennifer said...

This is fantastic Pauline! Love your colouring and the chalking is wonderful!

Unknown said...

This image is so sweet, I love this. and Your work is so beautiful.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab layout.xxx

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Pauline! That's a great image and a fabulous Scripture verse!...Nancy :o)

Trish and Treasure said...

I'm lovi' those champagne coloured rhinestones!!!