CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 30, 2012

Chocolate Chickens!

Easter in our house as a child, and still today, means that we receive at least one celebratory chocolate formed as a chicken.  I don't know if it's just an Aussie thing, or worldwide (up north Easter falls in Spring, hence the baby chicks etc, so perhaps....) .... anyhow...

The challenge over at Beccy's Place is themed Chocolate.. and needing to use one of Beccy's images, in chocolate, I thought what better way than a chocolate chicken!  Or Three...


This creation uses a  freebie from Beccy's Place from a way back when (or sooner, but before the shop opened!)  I love patchwork farm animals, and was compelled to use this image!  I coloured mostly with a water pen and Aqua Promarker (Sienna), adding highlights with yellow and brown glitter pens.  I used orange glitter pen for the beaks. I added some stitching detail on their eyes, as the image dictated. So my chickens are chocolate, of varying flavours.  Deciding to use a cream cardbase, the white image background was so stark.... out came the chalks, to fill the background! Call it Chocolate Dust!

Since Chocolates should be presented in fancy paper and wrapped with ribbon, out came some brown papers and textured card for matting.... but not before I added some ribbon detail on the image layer.  When all was fixed together, I fixed it all to a cream cardbase, and finished off by adding Dark Chocolate Pearls to the corners, and a White Chocolate (Cream) Pearl to the ribbon detail.

You can tell by now that chocolate is a fascination.  Sorry, an addiction.  And it's great for headaches, seriously. And one of my favourite movies is Chocolat (who could resist Johnny Depp AND chocolate! Not me!).

My favourite chocolates (not in any order) are liqueur cherries in dark chocolate, chocolate with chile, and Tiger Butter (I first tasted this when I lived in Canada.... oh heaven! Chocolate and Peanut Butter). Oh and I can't forget Reeces, but they're hard to find here in Oz, so I make chocolate/peanut butter thingies myself.  Oh and then there are chocolate turtles, and Rum Truffles, and I'll stop my list here....because it could go on forever.  I love chocolate. The 6th food food group.  Vitamin C.

I'm also sharing this creation over at Paper Sundaes (conveniently, you must have chocolate in Sundaes!!!) where the theme is Ribbon and Pearls. Of which I've used both.

Thanks for peepin'!
 

5 cared to share!:

Beccy said...

What a great card Pauline I love your take on the chooks. I got such a kick out of reading your post too! I always remember my most favourite Easter Egg of all time was a chicken sitting in a nest with three eggs. Each piece was separate and made out of generous amounts of chocolate, and I relished every bite. Thanks for the wonderful memory, and thanks also for joining in the fun!
Cheers,
Beccy

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Pauline, hugs Jo xxxx

Jennifer said...

These are such yummy cluck cluck clucks!!! I too love chocolate and this card is full of it! Wonderful patchwork chickens and I love how you've tagged off your ribbon!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! This is great image!

Emma H said...

What a sweet row of roosters! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!