CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 12, 2011

Really, a week!

I can't believe it has been a week since I posted here... aside of having a bad cold myself, our whole house had it ... except our wee doggie.  I'm sure Kleenex and Sorbent love us!

Today I share with you a pillow gift box.... I created it from a template (which was actually an old crushed pillow gift box!).  Instead of using cardstock, I used the side of a thick and glossy preloved gift bag.  It was easy to cut and fold, except for the rounded folds at the top and bottom! They always crease.

I wanted a fun and colourful topper or tag for it, so I  used the SNB image "Herbert Gnome".  Not a traditional Christmas image, but he looks great in red and green!

Ingredients: Preloved Gift bag; White cardstock; Glitter Pens - Red Green, Black; Shin coloured Le Plume Marker, Organza Ribbon; Organza Flower...

I coloured and trimmed the image, and readied it with DS tape, while I fiddled with the box.  I measured a length of white organza ribbon, tied it around the box, and tied a bow in it.  I added a red organza poinsettia to top the bow.  When the inked image was completely dry, I peel the protective layer from the DS tape, and fixed the image across the ribbon securely - the ribbon will be able to be retied.  Voila! A simple but cheery gift wrap for a wee pressie!  Thanks for peepin'!

3 cared to share!:

Jennifer said...

This is adorable! Love how you added the flower and bow above his head!

Trish and Treasure said...

Love this pillow box with sparkles, looks so cute!
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/

Gunvor said...

Wow - this is really a cute giftbox and a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs, Gunvor