CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 23, 2011

I need a cup of tea...

Sadly my post this week is overdue - 4 days overdue! We had flash flooding across our region on Sunday, and the inches of rain decided to come in out of the rain.... by overflowing our gutters and flooding through our windows and doors in the kitchen!  Although there's no major damage, it was a horrid mess to clean up - although nothing compared to others who sustained damage.

So finally my creation is here, and quite fitting... I really need a good cuppa....


Ingredients: White cardstock; co-ordinating papers; Glaze Pens; Glitter Pens; Gold Sentiment Sticker...

Using Flourish Teapot I created a bright and bold birthday card, using the La-Di-Da papers from Kaisercraft (gorgeously bold and funky).

On a white cardbase I layered patterned paper, and striped flocked paper.  I then layered a scalloped border on top.

I printed the image quite large, to fill the card, and wanting most of it white, I coloured only the lid, base, and flourished flowers.   When it was dry, I trimmed it and fixed it to the card. It's a midi card.... either a small greeting card, or a large gift card.... it doesn't quite fit either category, but would work nicely with a gift basket, or just as an oversized gift card.

There is now a little over a week left of SNB images.... yes, sadly Stretch N Bubbles are closing the digi-doors, so that it's owner/designer can embark on a magical crafty adventure in another direction.... you can however avail yourself of an incredible sale, until the doors close, on December 31...

Thanks for peepin'!

2 cared to share!:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful teapot Pauline! I'd love to join you for a cup after all the snow I just shovelled! Beautiful colours and I love the bold patterns!

Dr. Mary said...

Hi Pauline, I'm just glad to hear that you are ok despite the mishap with Mother Nature. Love the lil teapot! What kind of tea do you like? I'll get the water started! :)