CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 7, 2011

Patches the Ghost

I'm sure my love of things ghosty and halloweeny stem from the fact that we don't have Halloween.  Australia doesn't celebrate it as a calendar event (from whence it originated, with all its meanings and reason)... the shops do succumb to the mass retail venture of peddling everything Halloween they can ... with cheap halloween treats, costumes, and decorations ... I guess it's beneficial to them, because they stock the shelves every year! We've often had Halloween Balls and themed parties, but it's just an excuse to dress up ...

Here I share my creation using the latest D2D image for the progressive challenge at Designed2Delight Digital Stamps... introducing Patches the Ghost....

I'm noticing a real swing to a brown and autumnal colour palette. I should be bright and cheery, since it's Spring Down Under! I've minimised this card's bellies - so it's quite flat - it will be mailed overseas.... thank you Australia Post for making such severe and restrictive rules to regulate what we can send overseas ....  

Ingredients: Cardstock - Kraft cardbase, Dark Brown Metallic Glitter, Black Textured; Promarkers; Water Pen; Glitter Pen; Decorating Chalks; Golden Rhinestones...

I coloured the image with 2 promarkers and a water pen - the ghost is largely uncoloured, so he appears quite white.  I chalked the background with various browns.  The image is matted with glittery metallic brown and textured black cardstock, and fixed to a Kraft cardbase.  With a brown glitter pen, I added faux stitching.  I still wanted to embellish more, but with what?  I finally settled with rhinestones, but not in the corners as I might normally do.... I added them to the cheeky ghost's cheeks!  Thanks for peepin'!
 

1 cared to share!:

Jennifer said...

Great colour choices, and I love the glitter frame! I don't do halloween either but love the candy!