CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Preparing for Christmas...

Here's a quick little project (okay not so quick, I did lots of cutting) ... in preparation for Christmas, I've started to make gift cards.... this card uses the SNB image "Squared Holly" .... and if you like this Christmas style, you'll find a whole set of fantastic Christmas images.... all in the square!

Ingredients: Paper and Cardstock - PortaCraft; Stardust Pens - Sakura; Diamond Rhinestones - Kaisercraft...

Being a gift card, it is half the size of a regular card - 7.5cm x 10.5 cm... I coloured the image, and cut away all the background.  I layered it onto gold embossed paper, then trimmed it to the image frame. I then decided to layer it on another piece of gold, so it gives a very subtle layer.  Matted on dark green, it is fixded onto a pearlised cardbase.  The rhinestones fixed into the corner cover similar shapes in the image design...

Thanks for peepin'!
 

2 cared to share!:

Anne-Marie said...

Pauline, this is a stunner! You're gonna make somebody happy with this little beauty...ha!
Would love you to take an award from my Fabulous Follower post :)

*Alison* said...

this is so fun! I love the vintage colors.. :) and the green and red just pop :) HUGS