CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Know When To Fold 'Em...

Yes, I enjoy the music of Kenny Rogers...timeless music and lyrics. My husband has transformed Kenny Roger's music into "doof doof" music - you know the stuff people play in cars so darn loud you can hear the bass beat across the road .... doof doof doof doof da doof ... but I digress... just a little...

bug badge 2
Visit Bugaboo
Our challenge this week at For Fun Challenges has nothing to do with music, but rather 'knowing when to fold  them"  ..... Your creation should contain just ONE FOLD .... our sponsor this week is the ever-fabulous Jodie and her Bugaboo stamps!  Awesome!  They always put a smile on my face!

Jodie has been designing graphics for 9 years, mostly for those who digitize, and now ventures into digi stamps.  She loves to draw and to see where her designs go and how they are used.  She finds making people smile with my graphics very rewarding!

Bugaboo has a freebie image every Friday, that lasts only a week... so do yourself a favour and visit!

My creation for you this week uses a  Christmas Cupcake.... 

Ingredients: Cardstock - Kaszazz; Embossed Paper - PortaCraft; Markers - ProMarker Aqua; Glaze and Stardust Pens -  Sakura; Metallic Gold Pen; Aquash water pen; Ribbon - Cherry; Gold Sentiment - Upikit; Acrylic Bow Bead


I coloured the image with a water pen and a a variety of markers and pens ... marker for the icing, metallic gold pen for the cake base, stardust glitter for the holly leaves, and red glaze pen for the berries.  I trimmed it,  and mounted the image on layers of embossed paper and card, that I had wrapped with gold organza ribbon.  Before fixing the topper to the cardbase, I added a bow shaped bead to the crossed ribbons, and stitched it in place.  I added a gold sentiment to finish. 


I hope that you'll enjoy creating your card for this week's challenge at For Fun! Thanks for peepin'!
 

2 cared to share!:

Anne-Marie said...

Pauline...love the colours you chose...wow...they look fantastic!

Christine said...

Ha - ha. I have to confess, I can sing every word off that album. It was my Dad's favourite for YEARS and went on many a road trip.

Love the card. It looks like a little prezzie with the pretty gold ribbon.