CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Heart Journal - Spread Your Wings W1

I'm participating in the Heart Journal adventure at The Greeting Farm! Weekly journalling challenges should be a real trip for me, since journalling is not my forte.... words maybe, but I really detest my handwriting, so this will indeed be a journey! Here is my first offering, with our theme being "Spread Your Wings" ...

What did I do? I digi stamped a McMahon Five Butterfly in different colours and sizes, onto pages of an old story book.  Lots of cutting ensued.  And pasting.  The journal tags/labels are photo printed, so they are lovely and glossy, a stark contrast to the yellow beaten text butterflies.. I fiddled and doodled with a pen to fill the white space.  


My journalling consists of single words that represent me 'spreading my wings' by how I might describe myself, what I might see in the world, what is important and precious to me (and I limited myself to the word tags that were already printed.


Oh, and this cluttered representation is way out of my comfort zone.  I am always structured, even if casual.  This was FUN!!!

My journal is a 6x6 inch watercolour spiral bound book.  At the moment it's cover is 'naked' so I'll be working on covers and the next challenge this coming week.  I enjoyed creating this page...and thanks TGF for encouraging us to create outside our comfort zone.  There's no reason why you can't join us for the journal ride.... visit TGF each week to see what we are creating, and create along with us!

Thanks for peepin'!

1 cared to share!:

Unknown said...

That is great Pauline! I didn't sign up for the project but I did start my journal a couple weeks ago.