CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

All In The Ocean

This week at Michelle Perkett's Studio, we're playing in water! Our challenge for you this week  is themed "All in the Ocean"! Michelle has so many fantastic mermaids and water themed images to pick from! (Remember our challenges here require you to use an MPS image, which you can find here at Michelle Perkett's Etsy Shop.

My creation here uses the beautiful Eva the Glam Mermaid image...

Ingredients: Cardstock - Portacraft, DCWV;  Pearl Chalks - Pebbles Inc.; Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Stardust Pens - Sakura; Markers - Promarker, Marvy; Paper Blossoms - Ribtex; Glitter Glue - Papermania; Aquash water pen...

I love using glitter pens, and my water pen ... and they can be used together 'sometimes' (sometimes the effect is icky, but it worked here!)  I used my water pen to blend blue and green glitter pen for Eva's body... it has a wonderful marbled watery effect, still all glittery! I used markers for her hair and skin, and neat glitter pen elsewhere.  When it was all dry, I chalked the background, in blues and greens.   I matted the image and glitter embossed coloured DS with black, and fixed them to a pearly cardbase.  I added flowers, touched with irridescent rainbow glitter glue (my favourite!), and green rhinestones in the corners.  

Our challenge winner will receive an image of their choice from the MPS Etsy Shop... so come on in, have some fun, and enter the challenge! Thanks for peepin'!

2 cared to share!:

Sharon said...

Wow I love the "sparkle" on the image - looks fantastic Pauline!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Pauline, I love the glitter pens. Have a great day.