CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

SNB Stitched Flower

...raised hand... I confess, I LOVE stitching on cards and on scrapbook pages.  So much so, that I created my own stitching patterns.  Here is a fun image with all the hard work done for you.... a Stitched Flower from StretchNBubbles! I just love all the stitch lines.... especially the cross-stitch stem!

Ingredients: Cardstock - Bazzill, DCWV; Markers - Marvy Le Plume; Stardust Pen - Sakura; Thread - DMC; Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Button - an op shop find!

I coloured the flower with a marker and Aquash pen, and used a stardust pen to run over the stem's stitches.  Although a stitched button appears on the digi image, I covered it with a flower button for the the flower centre.  The image is matted on bright green, which has been stitched with orange thread (yes, the stitches are meant to be uneven!), and fixed to a funky cardbase.  Oh, and yellow rhinestones adorn the image corners.

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Buttons and Bows Challenge #91 - Incy Wincy
White Space Challenge #116 - Crafty Creations

Thanks for peepin'!

1 cared to share!:

Art by Andy Bauer said...

I agree... the stitching is such cute detail! Good luck in the challenges!