CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bon Bon Baby!

There's a new challenge posted at Michelle Perkett's Studio blog....  this week we want you to Make Your Own Pattern Paper!

Challenge rules - simple - no backlinking to old projects, and you must use an MPS image in your creation - you can find freebies at the MPS PaperCraftPlanet group, or you can purchase at Michelle's Etsy store... the challenge winner will receive an MPS image of their choice!

 In my creation, I have used the MPS image called Happy Birthday Sweetie (image consists of a 3x3 bonbon graphic, and the sentiment).

Ingredients: Cardstock - Kaszazz, Quill; Markers - Marvy Le Plume; Stardust Pens - Sakura; foam tape, DS tape.
Seriously? I only used cardstock, markers, and pens?  No rhinestones, pearls, lace, ribbon? The only bling is in the glitter pens.  I went colouring crazy. Each wee bonbon is coloured by hand (so that's where my time went!)

Quite a simple card... I repeated the image to create a background, enlarged my favourite one as a focal, printed it and coloured away with my marvy markers.  I trimmed the sentiment and matted it, then double matted the background layer.  I coloured the big bonbon with stardust pens, leaving the petals white and neat, so they pop! All layers are fixed directly to the card, with the focal bonbon being fixed flat, and foam tape lifting up the yellow paper twists for dimension. 

I hope to see your entry in our challenge at Michelle Perkett's Studio!

3 cared to share!:

Unknown said...

Hi Pauline! I love your card, all the coloring is great. It must have taken you forever! Have a great day! Shelley

Jenn Borjeson said...

Love it - the coloring really is wonderful!

Julie said...

This is a really fab idea! x